MY FAVORITE CHARLOTTESVILLE STUFF1. Hike!
It's too damn easy and too beautiful not to.
- Sugar Hollow - waterfall! swimmin' hole!
- Spy Rock - straight up...to the best view ever!
- Riprap Hollow - grueling loop with all the stuff you want: water. mountains. views.
- O Hill - in town and dog friendly.
- Saunders-Monticello Trail - in town and beautiful - make sure you see Secluded Farm.
3. Stargaze at Carter Mountain - drive up there at night with your blanket and your sweetie, lay on your backs, count the shooting stars.*
*I do not know if this is legal.
4. Go out in Belmont on a Monday. Start with an early dinner at Tavola, take in Cville Song/Writers night at the Local, get late night drinks at Mas. (basil gimlet! cucumber ginger martini!)
|Cville Song/Writers Night|
6. Spend an evening on 29N. Get drunk at Chili's and see something in 3D at the Stonefield Regal. Or have the best Indian food in town at Milan and see something on the cheap at the $1.50 theater. Finish it all up with late night eat-in at Cook Out.
7. On Halloween, dress up in a non-slutty costume and head to UVa - they do a Halloween on the Lawn event that is a circus of locals with their kids and undergrads handing out candy from their historic rooms.
8. First Fridays (art! wine!) + Fridays After Five (music! beer!).
9. Rivanna Trail - I can't say enough about this little slice of mysterious heavenly nature that is hiding in this city. Watch for the signs, step off the road, explore!
10. See a show at:
- The Pavilion - from the bridge behind it. It's free, and you get to see the artists walk on stage if you're lucky.
- The Jefferson - not a bad seat in the place. I loved seeing Warren Haynes, Neko Case, The Head and the Heart...more!
- The Southern - my favorite venue in town. We saw our first show here, and it'll always be special to me.
And not to tease you too much, but the journey continues! Follow me here.